Are you tired of meeting up with new people in pubs and coffee shops, fancy doing something different? Now is the time to get more creative in your ideas for dates. Let’s face it, meeting up with a new person can be a little nerve racking, and we over 40s have been and done many things already! A new shared experience can open up a new world, and get that first date off to a flying start! Looking for something interesting, quirky, entertaining… Take a look at our suggestions below for fantastic ideas for dating singles in the UK this November.
London to Brighton Veteran Car Rally
Are you in the south of the country? Are vintage cars your thing? If so, then book your diary for Saturday November 7th. Get yourself up to Hyde Park if you are interested in seeing the cars assemble for their journey south. The first run took place in 1896 – and this year, 550 pre-1905 cars will be taking place. They depart from the Park in pairs between 7:04am and 8:40, and arrive in Brighton anytime after 10am. They travel the 60 mile journey at 20mph, primarily down the A23. Pick a good spot for a picnic, and watch the cars pass, or watch from the start, or congregate at the finish. It is a memorable event, particularly, to remember as a first date! Visit their website for more details.
If you don’t drive, do you drink?
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has over 1000 members and organises real ale festivals throughout the country. If you would like to share your enjoyment of real ale with your date, then look no further than the CAMRA site for details of a festival near you. In November – festivals include: Swindon, Wakefield, Woking, Watford, Belfast, Wantage, Rochford, Dudley and Heathrow. Happy drinking, and take care you don’t drink too much!
And elsewhere around the country…
- Bath – the 20th Film Festival takes place between 10th and 20th November.
- Tenby – we have a Blue’s Festival 12-14th November
- Dundee – Jazz Festival – November
- Brighton Early Music Festival is in full swing, and continues to the 7th November.
- And Glasgay, is Scotland’s celebration of queer culture – until 13th November.
- Swansea – the Dylan Thomas festival continues to the 9th November.
- For Classical music, look to the web sites of City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra or the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, the South Bank or the Halle Orchestra (Manchester) for the current list of performances.
These are just a selection of the many interesting events that are taking place around the country over the next month. If you take a look, you will find even more that are suitable for dating singles. If you know other people who are meeting up for the dates, why not suggest you attend some of these events with other couples? The more the merrier at these types of events!